Feb 05 2008 Expedition Journal  

Wednesday Jan 30 2008
Murray´s Final Update - 30th Jan

Since arriving back in Punta Arenas the Team have been scrubbing up with shower after shower and now look themselves again. The rest of the time here has been spent sorting, cleaning and repairing our kit and equipment plus last minute sightseeing. It has been quite a surprise to find just how tired we were and how much rest we are in need of. Apparently its quite normal afterwards to suddenly feel drained and unable to think clearly even about relatively simple subjects.

Tomorrow afternoon we will start the return journey to the UK, arriving on Saturday at Gatwick. The experience is drawing to an end and in many ways we are ready to return to our normal lives, at the same time it would be great to continue but the real world beckons.

Reflecting on the expedition it would seem everyone has drawn a great deal from it. It has been fanastic and the professionals in this environment seem to think we did well which is pleasing to know.
Mike and Barry performed really well as leaders and enabled the novices to participate fully. For our part, the novices all contributed to the team`s effort resulting in a successful and safe trip.

For all of us though, the going became tough at some stage or another. and it was the ability to draw on our inner strengths and the support from each other that saw us through. A great team effort.

Everyone in Team Shackleton has enjoyed the challenge immensely and the memories will last our lifetimes. Thanks to all our families, friends and sponsors for the support and interest in our quest, we will see you very soon.

MRH - Punta Arenas 30th Jan Photo. Correnè Erasmus-Coetzer
Sunday Jan 27 2008
12.00 GMT. 09.00 Punta time.
The Team have just arrived in Punta Arenas. Their main thought now is to have a bath and start a nornal life again - if possible.
More news later.
Civilisation - Punta Airport threshhold.
Friday Jan 25 2008
20.30 GMT. Mike phoned. The team are stuck in Patriot Hills because of a severe storm, which is forecast to last for three days. (Today is day 1)
Temperatures are now dropping as the Antarctic winter approaches, and today it is minus-40C, but all are well and in good spirits.
We have the use of a special tent for food preparation, which has a powerful cooker, so we have no fuel problems.

Being so overcast, we cannot recharge our phone batteries, so there may be no more news for two days.

10.30 GMT. No news since last message.

Photo. The arrival photo at the South Pole looked as though there was nothing but snow for miles - not so - it was taken from an accomodation block window, which you see here.
Wednesday Jan 23 2008
A quick call from Mike. They are in Patriot Hills, and hope to fly out tonight to Punta Arenas, as soon as 21 climbers return from Mount Vinson.

From Roger.
Just in case you wondered how all those buildings, trucks, fuel, people ( some 500 in the base in summer) get to the Pole, they came in C 130 Hercules planes flying from New Zealand. Here on the ice runway
Tuesday Jan 22 2008
The Twin Otter is about to land to take us back to Patriot Hills. About 6 hrs journey.
Our sincere thanks again to the people at Amundsen-Scott base for making us so welcome. It has been a really emotional rollercoaster for all of us.
All is well - we have been partying since we arrived, so have yet to sleep.

The Ilyushin 76 is scheduled to fly into PH tomorrow, weather permitting.
More news when we land at PH.

This is the real South Pole.
It is on a metal spike, so that it can be moved easily as the pivot point of the earth changes.
Tuesday Jan 22 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Arcelor Mittal Kent Wire. Position 90.00S 00.00.
We headed off from camp with a great sense of anticipation as we expect to reach our goal today. As we ascend out the dip, the buildings of the Amunsen-Scott base came into view. It takes all day to reach it, and quite frankly it is a bit of an eyesore at first appearence. As we near our journey end after 8.4 nm(15,55km), Mike and Barry lead the 7 novices safely to the ceremonial pole at 21.00 GMT.
It was a day of brilliant sunshine yet again. Others have travelled further than us, had worse weather than us, but our 12 camps on the ice still feel like a major achievement.
Its -44C with windchill and we are ecstatic to have completed Shackletons unfinished journey.
As normal we set up camp and had a meal in the tent.
The americans were welcoming and and gave us a great tour of the base, many remembered Fionas visit of 4 years ago.
We used a real toilet and drank coffee in a hot building strange. We learned much about about the science and it is totally fascinating. Now we are off to get our south pole stamps in our passports and post cards, then it is back to to the tents. The cold tents.
So far its been an amazing experience on several levels, following in the footsteps of the pioneers and experiencing the vastness of Antarctica, surviving the punishing and lethal conditions and yet still making the distance.
So few people in the world have achieved this and it feels such a huge priviledge to be a South Poler.

Arrival photo. By satellite from the base.
Monday Jan 21 2008
All touched it together. More tomorrow.

Photo. The Ceremonial Pole, the actual pole ( which moves ) is in front of the large sign seen in the photo. at the start of this diary.

Murrays Diary.
First thing this morning, before breakfast, Mike persuaded Linsay and Woody to have an Antarctic snow bath, a scrub all over in the snow at minus-32C.
As the snow was being piled up in the spare tent in preparation, Woody woke me to say "what fun it would be if I joined in." How could I refuse. We ran around in the snow having an allover scrub and throwing a few snow balls, completely naked and totally insane.
After only a minute, we rushed back to the tents shouting and squealing like kids. Oh what fun it was, and a reminder, if needed, that you only live once.

At the end of today we expect to complete our journey. What an incredible prospect. The team is very excited.
I cannot believe the good weather, but each day, falling temperatures are becoming more likely as the Antarctic summer draws to a close.
We now need to move and get to the Pole as fast as we can.
The last week of January usually sees temperatures plummet, and we are on the cusp.
Sunday Jan 20 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp ICD/C&S Position 89.53S 89.15W.
Yesterday was another beautiful day, scarcely a cloud in the sky. Distant structures spotted at 15miles out. They appeared as tiny black specks which disappeared as we skied into a dip. It is extremely exciting that we are so close to finishing this journey after 12 days cocooned in our own small world.
We were brought into contact with the outside world when we spotted a Twin Otter plane, which we believe was Borg Ouslands team flying out.
Saturday Jan 19 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Giraud UK. 89.44S 85.37W 9.35n.miles today.
Just 16 nm (29.6km) to go, so will accomplish this in 2 days, hopefully. We are continually and pleasantly surprised by our good fortune with the weather. Clear skies, sunshine, and very little wind.
Conditions may be great, but it is feeling much colder at minus- 30C.
This morning the tent poles had frozen at their joints, and it takes a brave warm hand and much tugging to free each joint.
In the evening, the elastic inside the poles at each joint loses its tension, and hangs loosely. The only remedy is to remove a mit and somehow wriggle the elastic into the narrow pole before we can join the pole to erect the tent.

Today, the 9.35nm in four sessions were led by Mike, Dick, Lynsey and myself. Towards the end of the day, Mike said we might just crest the hill and glimpse the structures at the South Pole station. We strained our eyes, but we were just short of the view.
Tomorrow should bring our reward..
Alls well with everyone, and send much love to our families and friends.
Photo. South Polar structures.
Friday Jan 18 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Stanton Bonna 89.34S 85.15W. 8.6nm today.
A glorious day with a deep blue sky. The landscape is stunning, all shades of blue and white with sastruggi from 30-40cms high.
Four 1.5hr sessions today, navigated using the sun, shadow and distant sastruggi. Led by Barry, Woody and myself, we manged a 1 degree accuracy over the miles covered. Mike was impressed.
Leading needs considerable concentration, which helps one forget blistered feet, numb hands, face masks frozen to your face, and other aches and pains.
Leading off into the Antarctic wastes is very special, as so few, if anyone, have trodden this particular path before.
No birds, no vegetation, no buildings, no roads, no people, nothing but an infinite ocean of snow sastruggi.
We continue the ascent to the Pole each day, and by now the effects of the altitude on the team has stabilised. This means we are able to travel further and with less effort.

From Mary.
Each line (degree) of longitude is now less than a half mile apart, so the numbers change very quickly as they move towards the point where they all meet.
Thursday Jan 17 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Allan & Bertram.
A fresh start to the day with unusually a North Westerly wind,about force 3. Minus 33C with wind chill. Cloudy but overall good conditions.
Before setting off I had to use snowballs, as my loo paper had run out. My cries of agony raised hoots of laughter as you can imagine. One has to grit ones teeth and focus on the South Pole.
We are taking in 4000 calories daily now which seems ideal, as we did 8.53nm today. Conditions changed from sunny to cloudy and back to sunny during the day.
Mike, Lynsey, Debs and Jo took turns to navigate, whilst Woody, Dick and Mike played Who Am I at the rear.
Behind us all day was a beautiful parhelion with the ice dogs showing as well, truly marvellous.
It really is a priviledge to be here on the plateau at about 9000ft, where so few have been.
Photo. Parhelion with ice dogs. ( Effect caused by snow crystals in the air.)
Wednesday Jan 16 2008
Murrays diary. Camp ASDA Foundation. position 89.17S 83.14W
We are starting to move West to avoid the transmitting wires on this side of the Amundsen-Scott Polar station. After what seemed a promising day for weather, conditions deteriorated to a virtual whiteout.
Excellent navigation was required by Mike, Dick and Lynsey to guide us on our journey. As yesterday, it was a cloudy sky with a light wind. Very difficult to see the ground contours, and there were many thrills and spills. Woody scored 8.9 for a jumping jack acrobatic attempt to stay upright.
Snow is soft at times, making pulling sledges much harder. An indication of the effect of altitude is given by comparing todays walk of 5hrs 45 mins, with the same distance at Patriot Hills in stormy conditions in 6hrs 30mins.
Today, although shorter in time, was much more tiring. Blisters are problems with several members.
We are hoping to reach 89.25 today.
Love to all family and friends. Our morale is high.
Tuesday Jan 15 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp UGS. 89.09S 82.30W.
Made 6 nm (11km) today in 3 sessions, led by Dick, Lynsey and Mike. Slightly short of our target. Light winds and little cloud so good conditions.
A truly amazing landscape with sastruggi still in all directions, some sculptured by the wind resemble the Jaguar car bonnet figure. Even the snow varies, resembling sometimes sand on a seabed, to others, weatherbeaten sandstone.
Jo,s back is in need of accupuncture from Dick. I am puffing like a steam train today.
Overall, morale is very good.

From Mary. Distance between latitude degrees at 89deg S is only 1.2 miles (1.93km) , so the 30 minutes difference from yesterdays westerly position is only 966metres on the ground. At the Equator, 30 minutes, or half a degree, would be 55.5km .

Photo. Sledge pulling.
Monday Jan 14 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Mike and Margot Dickson. Position 89.03S 82.00W.
4.75 hours and 7 nm today. When we woke it was quite cloudy, virtually a white out. Cannot tell up from down, quite a few falls occurred. Mike led first 2 x 1.5hr sessions, and for the first time we maintained steady progress thoughout the time. There were cheers and hoots when Mike said we had done 2.6nm in the first session.
Barry led the third session, snaking all over the place, whilst navigating the terrain. However he cracked the problem when he realised that his goggles were more iced up than he had thought. While he was sorting this problem, Mike attached a couple of extra sledges to Lindsay, as she was so strong. However she ground to a sudden halt when Woody decided to sit on the back sledge. All good fun, and a relief to be finally moving.
Woody is much better and all of us are so much more acclimatised now.
Looking back, such a shame Shackleton did not make the pole, as he had cracked the difficult Beardmore Glacier to reach the easier terrain we are now on, and would have known that he was so near to his dream.
Sunday Jan 13 2008
Murrays Diary. Camp Rudridge for 2nd day.

It was breakfast time when Barry and Mike decided that Woody had altitude sickness, and could not travel today. So we had a rest day, which has helped us all considerably. Mike read more from The Worst Journey in the World, and we listened to an episode of Round the Horn on Mikes Ipod, which caused much amusement. We are all feeling more acclimatised, and feeling the benefits of the rest. Mike says Woody will be fine for tomorrow.
Saturday Jan 12 2008
12.00 GMT. Murrays diary. Camp Rudridge. position 88deg 56S 82.00W
We have had two relatively light days in good conditions. Most, if not all of us, are feeling the effects of altitude (equivalent to 10.500ft with chill and world spin added)
The body has to work hard to cope with these conditions and sledge pulling. The temp is -32C with wind chill, but nothing like the wild katabatic winds experienced a few days ago.
Mike and Barry elect to cover 5 or 6 miles a day to begin with, sounds short, but it is no walk in the park.
The weight on each sledge is redistrubuted between the sledges according to individual performance on that day. It has to be done at breaks when every second counts. We have to take on food and drink for the next 1.5hr session, and everyone finds the breaks a challenge trying to fuel their bodies whilst not becoming cold. It has to be done somehow to avoid feeling spent at the end of the day.
For novices with little time to acclimatise, we are coping reasonably well, and everyone looks forward to a good nights sleep. Even sleep is a challenge in 24hr sunshine. No complaints however, this is a truly awesome place, with sastruggi in all directions to the horizon.
Mike read the opening passage from the book entitled The Worst Journey in the World to us last evening, which puts our travelling into perspective.
We hope to cross the 89.00 degrees position today.
Friday Jan 11 2008
Murrays diary. 10.00 GMT Base Camp position 88deg 46S, 83.00W
Today 11th Jan, we shall move off and go for about 3 hours (normally about 6 to 8hrs.) and then set up camp again, giving us more tent erecting practice, and time to sort out all the snags.

At Camp Marsh. 9.26 km travelled. position 88deg 51S, 82deg 47W.(5 miles)
A nice day, as good as it gets. Wind about force 2, mainly sunny and not too cold. Carolyn suffered a bit with the altitude. All in good spirits,

From Mary.
Calculation. One minute of Longitude (Nautical mile) is 1.852km.
Whereas Longitude degrees are all equidistant, Latitude distance between degrees reduces the further south you go, being nil at the pole, like the segments of an orange.
Thursday Jan 10 2008
Murrays update.
Last 2 days have been full on. Wind ripping through Patriot Hills camp at up to 80mph, and we were told that 6 tents had been shredded earlier this season. Because of our delayed start from Punta, we have lost several of our training days here in PH.
We skied out to the site of the half buried crashed Douglas DC 6 airliner, which took us 3 hrs downwind, and 3hrs 40mins coming back - this in a force10 wind. All went well, and again we learned a lot in the brutal conditions. Temp down to - 27C.
Overnight the winds rose again to near force 12, the wildest conditions which Mike had known here. On striking camp we broke 3 more poles, and had 12 punctures in the tent materials, all of which had to be mended before we embarked on the two Twin Otter planes. We worked very well as a team in very dificult conditions.
Eventually all the gear was stowed and we took off into a 115kts headwind heading for our landing zone. The pilots are truly brilliant, and amazing how they operate in such severe conditions.
We refuelled at the Thiel Mountains, then on again looking at a vast expanse of empty ice fields, awesome and not a little scary, to find when we arrived overhead our chosen area at 88deg 23mins. the terrain was unsafe for landing.
After much searching, we eventually landed at 88deg 46mins and 83.00W, off loaded, waved the planes away, and then started to set up camp.
We are now all on our own on the plateau at 8500ft and it is COLD, with windchill about - 40C. Our first problem was that 3 stoves which were fine at PH failed to work. Fortunately the rest are OK. Another job to do.
Thursday Jan 10 2008
Mike on Satellite phone (see photo) from PH.
"Wind is still very stromg, about Force 10, but we must fly out this afternoon at 15.00 GMT to beat the weather.
It will be another challenge to strike camp today without breaking any more tent poles.
Everyone is in good spirits, but still tired after yesterday.
We anticipate a 5 hour flight to our starting point, pitching camp, then starting Shackletons unfinished journey tomorrow - thats how things look right now."
Wednesday Jan 09 2008
An 18 kilometer very challenging training trip today. Wind was very fierce up to Force 6. Managed to break a tent pole because of the wind. Lots of lessons learned, in the 7.5 hours we were away from PH. Arrived back pretty tired. A good session nevertheless.

From Mary.
Dont be fooled by the smooth conditions in the photos - when they get to the sastrugi (snow ridges caused by the winds) they can be several feet high, which makes progress very slow and hard work.
Tuesday Jan 08 2008
17.00 GMT. Mike phoned. Temp.minus 5C, slight wind and becoming cloudy now.
"We left Punta at 8pm local time yesterday, and had an amazing flight in the Ilyushin 76 four jet freighter. Jo and Lindsay were allowed to fly the plane, so it was a bit rocky at times.
00.30 landed in bright sunshine at Patriot Hills(PH), and as we backtracked down the blue ice runway, the captain opened the rear doors to show a jaw dropping sight of the Antarctic scene. Everyone is totally elated to be here. After putting up the tents, we ate at 04.30 then to bed.
Up at 10.30 sorting out food rations and fitting skis."
(Note. PH time is same as Punta time. 3 hours behind GMT.)

From Mary.
There may be a waiting time in Patriot Hills camp for suitable weather to fly in the Twin Otter plane to the expedition starting point some 550 miles further South, and approx 8,500 ft above sea level. Refuelling may be done at the Thiel Mountains, about half way.The South Pole is 9,301ft asl(2635mtrs)

Photo. Twin Otter ski plane by Steve Bull.
Tuesday Jan 08 2008
13.00 GMT. Fiona phoned to confirm that the Team is in Patriot Hills on the Antarctic Continent, and she is now trying to find an early flight home.

15.15GMT. Fiona leaves Punta tonight for Santiago. Mike phoned Fiona to say that "it is minus 5C in Patriot Hills, and the team are practising sledge pulling."

Photo. Steve Bull.
Monday Jan 07 2008
7th Jan 08

The waiting game continues.

After being stood down yesterday, Mike and Fiona went walking around Punta Arenas, Carolyn and Deb walked along the coast to clamber over an old shipwreck and the rest of us went stamp collecting. We hired a 4x4 pick up, Woody and Lyns rode shotgun in the pick up and we headed off to the Argentinan border at Monte Aymond some 120 miles away. Great to have a change of scene even though it wasn´t the scene we all want to see.

As we headed NW along the coast and then inland, the landscape changed to semi-barren hills and showed signs of ancient volcanic activity. Both Chilean and Argentinian border guards really struggled to comprehend what the heck we were doing crossing for one hour but stamped the passports anyway. Our South Pole badges helped convince them we were Loco Gringos. Once over the border we turned off the main road to Lago Azul, a lake which had formed in an extinct volcano. The crater was about 400m diameter and made a spectacular finale to our wanderings.

Today we eagerly waited for the 10am call from ALE. The wind has dropped at PH, but is still too strong to land. Time well spent this morning spent practising stove work before we get to Antarctica. The next ALE call will be at 2.15pm and we all have a good feeling....

MRH 7/1/08 (1300 hrs)

7th Jan 1445 hrs

The call came in at 1415 hrs to say weather improving but still gusting, another call is expected in 1 hour. Great excitement now as we think this may be it!

MRH 7/1/08

7th Jan 21.15 GMT.
From Mary. No news of departure from PA yet.

Patriot Hills campsite. Photo Steve Bull.

Sunday Jan 06 2008
6th Jan 08

Today is Lynsey´s 24th birthday. At breakfast we decorated the dining room with balloons and streamers and gave a shocked Lynsey a huge Barbie card, Barbie sunglasses and tiara and a plastic toilet seat to practice with! What else could anyone want?

We had hoped to celebrate by flying to the Antarctic but the weather is against us still. The wind is howling at Patriot Hills gusting up to Force 10. We are advised that there will be no further phone calls until 0630 hrs tomorrow - fingers crossed we will get a flight.

At present we are considering driving up into Argentina to explore a little of the Patagonian wilderness although the bureacracy involved in driving across the border may mean we take a different route. MRH 6/1/08
Sunday Jan 06 2008
Dec 29th to 5th Jan 2008

The team met at Gatwick Airport and after some frantic redistribution of the sledge contents to meet weight regulations, we took the flights to Atlanta USA, then Santiago and finally to windy Punta Arenas in southern Chile, a door to door journey of some 41 hours.

After celebrating New Year in some style, toasting family and friends, we spent the following three days busily preparing for the expedition ahead. Preparations have included: detailed calculating, weighing and bagging of food rations for each person, each tent and each day; various detailed briefings from the Antarctic airline ALE and from our Team Leaders Barry and Mike; multiple shopping trips repairing or replacing damaged kit; rehearsing tent erecting and dismantling, packing sledges and reviewing the Antarctic dangers.

On the 3rd of Jan. we packed our sledges and skis ready for collection by ALE as we were scheduled to fly out to Patriot Hills (PH) in the Antarctic on the 4th, weather permitting. Flying to Antartica is a very different proposition from scheduled airlines, and is dictated totally by the weather.

The 3300 km flight in an Ilyushin 76 cargo plane to the ALE base at Patriot Hills will take 3 1/2 hours. We will get just 30 minutes notice and like astronauts, will travel in our Antarctic clothing ready for the conditions upon landing.

ALE continually review the weather conditions at PH to forecast the weather keyholes that would permit a safe landing on the blue ice runway. Recent adverse weather has dumped over a metre of snow and the PH base team spent 36 hours blowing snow to enable a safe landing for an earlier flight.

Our timed phone calls from ALE at 6am, 10am, 2pm and 6pm on the 4th Jan were all negative due to the strong katabatic winds. We were stood down and the same today, 5th Jan. We had a lengthy briefing with Mike, Barry and Fiona (Mike´s wife had flown out to stand in for him in case his flu bug did not disappear).

When we fly it will be togther with a multi-national team led by polar legend Borge Ousland. Borge has undertaken some 11,000km of polar travel including first solo crossing of Antartica and the first winter journey to the North Pole. Borge´s team will do a similar journey to ours.

Also flying will be ITN reporter Bill Neely to report on sub-glacial lakes and to meet Jonathan Shanklin one of the BAS scientists who discovered the Antarctic ozone hole. Watch out for his reports on TV once we get to the Antarctic.

We had a fascinating time meeting these people at the ALE briefing and later at a meal in town. Many of Borge´s group have been to the North Pole already and sound as though they were born for cold travel. For example Britte, a teacher from Telemark in Norway spent 6 months living with Eskimos when just 18 years old followed a few years later with 3 months with Canadian hunters and then the North Pole journey in April 2007.

Our expedition is called Shackleton´s Unfinished Journey and by happy coincidence, Britte´s hero is Shackleton. When she arrives to teach each day she calls out to the class "Are you all well?" and they reply "Yes Boss, we are all well." - the words used by Shackleton and his men when he came to rescue them at the end of the epic Endurance expedition.

Everyone in our group is really excited and raring to go as soon as we get the right conditions to fly out. Updates will follow more frequently now, once on the ice there will be a daily update and a slightly longer update twice a week.


Stop Press from Sebastian, 11 weeks old Support Team Leader in Newark UK, and enjoying it too.
- have just heard from Dad that the team are on standby for 6am Monday7th, 9am UK time.
Thursday Jan 03 2008
Those on this journey.
They will know when they have arrived when they see this sign.

Barry Harper, Team Leader.
49 yr old police officer from Nottinghamshire. Previous polar experience: member of the first team to cross Great Slave Lake in Canada, walked to the North Pole twice, fitness fanatic running 40 miles a week.
Raising money this time for Eastwood Hospice at Mansfield.

Mike Thornewill, Team Leader, see www.polarchallenge.org
45 yr old police officer from Nottinghamshire.
With wife Fiona currently with them in Punta. Sebastians parents.

Carolyn Aitchison, 38 from London.
No previous polar experience. Outdoor experience includes ski touring and camping for 2 weeks in Alaska, climbing Mont Blanc, ski touring in the Alps. Raising money this time for the Big Issue Foundation.

Deb Stevenson, 44 from Hampshire.
No previous polar experience. Geordie with 40,000 miles sailing experience.

Richard (Dick) Durance, 54 from Nottinghamshire.
HR Director of the Orders of St John Care Trust. Previous polar experience: member of the first team to cross Great Bear Lake in Canada, fitness fanatic runs marathons and ultras and has run with the bulls in Pamplona.
Raising money this time for Breast Cancer and wishes to thank wife, children and family for their continuing support.

Lynsey Gawn, 24 from London. Psychology graduate.
Medical student at Kings College London. No previous polar experience and limited outdoor experience. Loves a challenge and promises to smile all the way to the Pole then dance it.

Dean (Woody) Woodcock, 31 yr old Brummie.
No previous polar experience. 3 seasons experience as a yacht flotilla skipper and 3 seasons as a ski resort chalet manager. Excellent cook and raconteur.

Jo Craig-Humphreys,
No previous polar experience. Enjoys sporting pursuits such as ski-ing, running, and swimming. Runs a care home for the elderly with dementia. Excellent cook.

Murray Howitt, 51 yr old Marketing Manager from Nottinghamshire.
Previous polar experience: attempted crossing of the Finnmark Plateau. Enjoys golf and general fitness. Raising money this time for Children in Need.